Wednesday, December 17, 2008

From A Christmas Past


My Camera does not do this picture justice.
This Santa is all done in cross stitch, it is 11"x14" and is matted and was put into a nice frame. I just hung it today and was thinking about all the work that had gone into this picture, all the hours sitting and cross stitching, and then to just give it away. Amazing.
My Sister Kathy made and gave me this picture years ago, and I cherish it. My sister is the most talented and crafty person i know, she does such beautiful work, i have always been so envious of her talent and patience, and i have always been one of the beneficiaries of that talent. I don`t know which is bigger, her amazing talent or her great generosity, they go hand in hand i think.
Almost everywhere i go in my house, there is a little something that will remind me of her. She passed down her crafty talent to her daughter Jettie, she also makes the most amazing things.
I just wanted to show you all a gorgeous christmas picture..........It makes me smile, i hope it will make you smile too.

3 comments:

Dana and Daisy said...

that is pretty. and special since your sister made it.

Anonymous said...

OOHH I do remeber this and she did another too...she always did so good on these that her front and back looked the same...I on the other hand...most definetly can tell my back from my front!!!!
Beautiful I so love when you bring out the memories!!!

Dana and Daisy said...

Dear Sassy:
May your coffee pot always be warm, and your feet never cold!

Merry Christmas! Love, Dana and tell that old man of yours this goes for him, too! hee hee!